God has a plan. Trust it, live it, enjoy it.
There are times when things seem to go out of hand- and the goals that we had set with such enthusiasm don’t seem so bright or interesting anymore. It’s during such bleak periods that we need to boost up our self confidence and get back to the route towards success. It is only the self motivated that achieve success in life. Things like wealth, education, skills may be acquired with the help of others, but true success is achieved only by the self motivated and persistent worker. For being a go-getter one has to have the willpower to get going when the going gets tough. When things do not go according to our wish and we feel a teeny-weeny bit worn out its time to get ourselves motivated.
10 motivational tips to achieve your goals
Patience is a key element of success.Bill Gates
- Recall – Try to remember the reason for your starting the job at hand. Why is it that you are doing the work at hand? What are the benefits that you would enjoy if you do it beyond your own expectations, and what would you lose if you gave up? It was easy to set up the goal, but then everything is easier said than done. It is when we find obstacles on our path, or the work turns out to be much more difficult to pursue, that we tend to get de-motivated. Never give up – achievers never do. Every step that you take towards the goal will take you towards your accomplishment, and while doing so– it will polish your skills to make you shine even brighter than ever.
Self motivation is the best motivation because no one knows you better than you do.
2. I can and I will– It is said that practice makes perfect. Do not feel dejected by failures. ‘Failures are the stepping stones towards success.’ If there were no failures, there would not have been successes either. They are two sides of the same coin. Edison tried 1000 times before he invented the light bulb. Most well known writers were turned down by publishers before they became famous. It took Webster 26 years to compile his Dictionary. Every achiever had to face failures before they became famous. Feel happy to be doing the work at hand and develop confidence in your abilities. ‘I can is more powerful than IQ.’
Being positive in a negative situation is not naive… It’s Leadership!
3. Surround yourself with like-minded achievers- Seeing other people doing similar kind of work acts as an energy booster. It is because of this factor that things get easily done in an office rather than at home. The rules, time-bound factors, as well as the atmosphere create a crescendo that helps in getting the work done faster. Talking, interacting and helping people involved in similar kind of work can help you to get motivated to do your work better.
Don’t compare your insides with the outsides of others. Affirm your worth.
4. Get affirmations– We all love it when our work gets acknowledged. As children we felt overjoyed to get positive feedback from our teachers and peers. Every praise that we received has boosted our confidence and created a liking for that activity. As a teacher I have always been more than generous in giving positive feedback to my students. I have seen the magic that those A’s, stars, smileys and remarks had on my students. So, in absence of external affirmation – pat your own back for every achievement that you have accomplished and pledge to improve upon that.
To succeed in life , you need three things – A wishbone, A back bone and a funnybone.Reba Mcentire
5. Involve the fun factor – Look at the brighter side of your work and overlook the darker side. Add some humour and fun element to your work. The work has to be completed – so enjoying the work will help in making things lighter and easier.
‘We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”Swami Vivekananda
6. Visualise – Think of the time when you would have accomplished your goal. Most successful people meditate and think of their success. Sitting in a quiet place and thinking of your goals helps you to get a bigger picture of the work ahead and the obstructions that you are likely to face. Your mind automatically tries to find solutions and create environments that would propel you towards achieving your goal.
Mistakes teach you important lessons, Every time you make one, you are a step closer to your goal.
7 Read Motivational books: Biographies, autobiographies of famous people and self help books, reassure us that we are on the right track. They confirm that obstacles are, but a part and parcel of achievements. We realise that it is possible to do what we aspire and every problem comes with a solution.
Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
8. Avoid negativity – Negative thoughts as well as people are to be avoided at all costs. The toxic people are parasites of positivity. They suck off positive elements from other people to thrive. Be surrounded with people who help you to bring out the best in you.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.
9. Reward yourself – Rewards work wonders for self motivation. When you feel a bit down and fail to see the brightness and the numerous possibilities around you, think of what blessings you have in life and what you have achieved. Congratulate yourself on your achievements and set further milestones. Give yourself a reward for each milestone that you reach. Celebrate each win. Be it a pizza or a movie or even a purchase that you really want. Promise yourself more rewards on reaching new milestones.
Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
10. You are a winner– Start each day with a smile. Spread positivity and it will surround you like a halo. Muhammad Ali used to do his boxing-chanting …‘I’m the Champion! I’m the Champion!’ With each chant he reassured himself that he was undefeatable. You must reassure yourself that you are a winner and the best is yet to come, and all your dreams will definitely come true.